Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Nail Art False Assumption

So I was browsing the net and I came across this little blurb:

Fingernails Faux Pas #2: Nail Art I sincerely hope no one orders a hit on me for saying this, but nail art is tacky. A painted flower on one big toe is cute because it's dainty and unexpected, but ten fingers decorated in swiggles, lightening bolts or glued-on cubic zirconias are wrong.
http://beauty.about.com/od/perfectnails/qt/fakenails.htm

This isn't the first time I've heard someone say "nail art is tacky." Truth is, yeah, it can be! But it doesn't need to be. Just like a couch, a lamp, a purse, a shirt... they all have the potential of being called the t word. By picking the right colors and designs, then the "tackiness" can be avoided. You don't have to have a tacky flower on your big toe nor have a bunch of lightening bolts done like a 1st grader on your fingers. That's not nail art, that's nail disaster! When your swiggles are done right or when your glued-on cubic zirconias are used correctly, that becomes nail art.

Nail Disaster

Nail Art

I don't own any of these pictures. I just simply googled them for comparison. You see the difference?

No comments:

Post a Comment